20 June 2014

Review: London Falling

Reviewer: Kristen  
Author: T.A. Foster
Pages: 344 (I could have sworn this was a lot shorter) 
Format: eBook 
My Rating: 5 out of 10 (I think I'm only being harsh because I read this in February and it is now June)

Summary (thanks, Goodreads): It’s London’s senior year and she only needs one class to graduate. She just didn’t expect her final assignment: fall in love.

Communication 224 has a reputation for giving out the most unique projects of the semester. When London James and Beau Anderson signed up for the class they had no idea they would be paired up together, much less spend an entire semester working on their final grade.

Professor Garcia tasks them to produce a study on the hit reality show, Love Match, a show about strangers falling in love on over the top dates. London and Beau decide to debunk the popular show’s fantasy portrayal of romance. Determined they can date the entire semester and not fall for each other, the classmates share blogs about their dates and start a website where everyone can follow their dating experiment. 

Is staying out of love as easy as it seems? Headstrong and success-driven London discovers there might be more important things in life than an A.

My Thoughts: So, when I read this, I remember really enjoying it. It was cute, it was fluffy, and it had a swoon-worthy-boy. What more can a girl ask for? There was just something missing. Far be it for me to know what that actually was, but I couldn't shake the feeling that there could have been something more that happened. Or that the characters could have been a little more realistic (I don't know that realistic is a fair way to phrase it, but I don't know any other way). A lot of their problems could have been fixed if they had just actually talked to each other. 

London, while sometimes a little clueless, was someone that I genuinely liked. She didn't want to compromise her dreams for a guy, and she didn't just abandon all her goals because a cute guy came into the picture. She was a little lost when it came to the whole romance thing, which bordered on annoying, but overall, she was a good character. Beau, I felt, was a "New Adult fiction" typical character. He was hot, smart but he wasn't about to become a doctor, and annoying in a somehow charming way. However, I think that the Professor Garcia was my favourite. She was just so damn eccentric! 

The premise of this story was actually really cool. I hadn't ever heard of a plot like this, and when I read the summary, I immediately went and got the book. A project based off of reality TV show, and the team (or London and Beau for those of you who haven't read this yet) had to deduce whether or not it was in fact "reality". London and Beau, of course, got the love match show, and they had to blog about whether or not fake dating resulted in real love. 

Final Thoughts: Super cute, super quick, but sometimes super dense when hitting certain parts. You should give it a go, I enjoyed it, just probably wouldn't read it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...