26 June 2014

Review: Finding Cinderella

Reviewer: Kristen 
Author: Colleen Hoover
Pages: 90 
Format: eBook (novella)
My Rating: 8 out of 10

Summary (I cherish you, Goodreads):A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.


My Thoughts: Aw man, I don't even know where to begin. I love me some Colleen Hoover and all the uber fine male characters she has introduced to us. (It took me a ridiculously long time to figure out how to word that sentence - for some reason, I kept wanting to refer to the male characters as man-meat.) This book was such a cool premise, and I had a deep-harboured love for Six that wasn't quite satisfied in Hopeless or Losing Hope. I'm so glad that we finally got to explore her world a little bit more, even if it was through the eyes of Daniel. Who, may I say, was an excellent narrator. 

There were plot twists I didn't see coming, and explanations that I didn't know I needed until I read this. It was such an excellent novella, and I really don't know what else to say. If you've ever read any of Colleen Hoover's novels, you know that she spins figurative gold with the words she uses to create incredibly realistic worlds. Not only worlds though, but characters too. Every stinking character that I've read by Colleen Hoover feels like someone I could actually know, or someone who I'd want to know. 

I didn't expect the story to go the way it did, or for me to love a story as much as I do that was only 90 pages long. I'm greedy, and I wanted more, even though the story doesn't really call for more. Colleen Hoover has quickly become one of my favourite authors. 

Final Thoughts: Love me this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...