14 May 2013

Infinity's Touch

Infinity's Touch (Infinity's Touch #1)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: Katherine Petersdorf 

Pages: 186
Format: ARC paperback sent by author.
My Rating: 6.9 out of 10



---------------------- This book was sent to me by the author in exchange for a fair review. ---------------------- 

Summary (thank ya Goodreads): Grantland Gordon was a vampire who knew full well the extent of his presence, a presence that was predicated upon by the testosterone that was dripping off of him. All he wanted was to find the chosen one and take revenge the Supreme Being who had destroyed his life and stole his innocence with an immortal bite. After over a hundred years of searching, he had finally found her, the chosen one, Kelly Roberts. Only Grant had never thought that his lifeline would be a chipper, I.M. speaking college girl. Now, he would have to put up with her so that could extract the very revenge he seeks, as well as save the world. Only he never thought that he would fall in love with her. Touch, Embrace, Caress, and give in to Infinity…

My Thoughts: I know, I know. Weird numerical rating, but for good reason. I was stuck between giving this a 6 and a 7 for one sole purpose... I don't think it's the kind of book I would read again. So, yeah, that's my clarification. Anyways... on to the actual review. 

This was a decent read, especially if you're into vampires (and really, who isn't?!). It was quick, there was a neverending stream of action, and you're thrown right into the world that Katherine Petersdorf creates. I enjoyed the core of the plot, I loved the idea, and I loved the background story that was brought forth, because I definitely think it was original. There were a few things, however, that I didn't like, and the pessimist in me insists I start with those. I really disliked Kelly. I think it was her whole, "Well, If I'm smart people aren't going to like me." attitude. In a way, she kind of reminded me of Bella from Twilight (who was mentioned by the way, I'll get to that!). I didn't like the abbreviations. What I did like was that the author gave each character a quirk and something that screamed their character, I just didn't happen to like what Kelly's was. My last complaint about this book was the time frame - which ties directly into the whole novella thing. I think that this is a story that demands to be continued, and demands more almost. It felt incomplete, and I felt like the author could have written a lot more back story/ current thoughts/ real-timey events. I understand that with novellas, you have a word limit, but I really just wished that there was more time to love and understand the characters. It happened in the span of days, and - maybe it's just the pessimist in me, again - I feel that it takes more than just a few hours to really fall, head-over-heels, I'll die for you, kind of love (even if you are a vampire!) There were a few other inconsistencies, and spelling/grammar errors, but that's to be expected in an ARC! 

What I really did love about this novel was that the author doesn't bash you over the head with the fact that we're dealing with vampires. I think that's why I'm generally put off by the idea of a vampire novel. It feels like whenever I'm reading one, I'm constantly reminded by the "burn in the throat" the desperate "I need blood and I need it now!" train of thought. You knew that Grant was a vampire, he was sexy, he didn't shy away from the fact. I also really liked that the author tied in real-world, present day examples of all sorts of books, and television shows, and I think there may have even been a movie or two. Kelly is obsessed with Vampires, so mention is made of things like Twilight and The Vampire Diaries, which just gives it an added touch of realism, that most paranormal novels lack. It made me feel like the story was happening as I was reading it, which is high praise. If an author can make me forget that there is a world functioning while I'm sitting here reading this book, they've done their job and they've done it well. I liked the explanations for things that I've never gotten before in regards to vampires (yes, I decided to pick the most awkward example... but the author briefly covers why man-vamps can still turn it on, if you're catching my drift). It, again, added a realism that most paranormal vampire romance novels lack. Overall, I truly did enjoy this novella. It was quick, it was fun, it was sexy, and it has the makings to be a successful series!

Final Thoughts: Good read, quick. I recommend this especially if you're itchin for some sexy vampire love! 


Huge thank you goes out to Katherine Petersdorf. Thank you for sending me your novella and giving me the chance to review it !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...