18 September 2014

Life of a Blogger [1]



Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature that I found through the amazing Rebecca at Vicariously! ,  hosted by the lovely Novel Heartbeat. Each week a subject will be chosen and we get to talk about it. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know each other on a more personal level! Make sure to add your link on the linky list! 

This week's topic is: Languages (i.e the one's you speak) 

Guys, languages blow my freaking mind. Seriously. I'm so enamoured with them. It's just so bizarre to me that people can freaking think in different languages and have different words and different phrases and I don't even know but I'm jealous. I wish I was fluent in a second language. For a while, I was pretty good at understanding and communicating in French but, ya, lost that. I'm hoping (and crossing my fingers and my toes and my arms and my legs) that I'll end up in France in two years to take part in an opportunity to teach abroad. I'd be gone a year, and I'm hoping against hope that in that time I can pick up French. After France, the idea is to then do Italy and Spain for 6 month contracts. So, maybe I can come at you guys from those languages in the future! Think of all the doors having those languages open up! Think of the books! Okay.. I'm done. 
- Kristen

I love languages. I think it's amazing that human beings have come up with so many different ways to communicate so many different things. I find it fascinating that people can use their mouths to form different sounds than are used on the other side of the globe. I wish I could speak more languages. I'm hoping for the return on my French in the next few years and to maybe pick up some Spanish and Italian. I really just think that being able to speak, read, comprehend, write, and think in different languages is just the coolest thing. Also, it's hot. I don't care what anybody says. Languages are sexy and boys, if you've got them, use them. Girls love that. I think I'll force my future husband to take language lessons if I'm not lucky enough to find a guy that already can speak multiple languages.

-- Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...