9 May 2013

Where She Went

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: Gayle Foreman
Pages: 264
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 7½ out of 10

Sequel to If I Stay

Summary (holla Goodreads): It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.


Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

My Thoughts: I really, really liked this book! Seriously. I (for lack of a better word) hardcore debated picking this novel up. Basically, because I read the first one so long ago, I didn't know if it would make sense to me, or if it would be worth it. Definitely not the case, and definitely worth it. It's a quick read, and worth every second of your time. I personally think it's better than the first, but in the hope for full disclosure, that may just be because I read If I Stay so long ago. This story picks up a couple of years after If I Stay, and this time it is in Adam's perspective. Normally, I don't usually enjoy the male perspective because it feels to forced (?) almost. Ya get me? It's probably because I'm constantly wondering if this is truly what males think about and all that bullhockey. Both Mia and Adam have found success, and I really enjoyed how Gayle Foreman showed how broken, especially Adam, still was. It was extremely well written, and I thank the stars that I decided to just go and pick it up (because seriously, I put it down twice in the same outing before just biting the bullet). P.S, I really seem to have a thing for famous guys lately, who woulda thunk it!?


Final Thoughts: Good read. Better than the first. Definitely consider re-reading this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...