21 January 2013

Through The Ever Night

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: Veronica Rossi
Pages: 352
Format: Hardcover
My Rating: 9 out of 10

***** This book is a sequel to Under The Never Sky. I'll do my best to avoid spoilers, but if you plan to read this novel, I'd suggest just skipping over this review! You've been warned ;) *****

Summary (Thanks Goodreads): It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

My Thoughts: Oh dear God, how, HOW, am I suppose to wait until 2014 for the next book?!?! Authors nowadays are just trying to kill me, I swear. This was the perfect sequel. Literally. Perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better way to continue the series, and Veronica Rossi surprised me (in a good way!), enraged me, and even had me on the verge of tears a few times. This book was a spectacular way to continue Perry and Aria's story. I don't want to give away anything too spoiler-y, but this book was wow. I think I actually liked the sequel better than the first one, and how often does that happen!? Sorry - I really am all over the place. There is so much that I want to talk about with this novel, but I don't want to ruin the magic for any of you have yet to read! So, any of you readers who loved (or didn't, but how is that possible) this book, email me! I'd love to discuss it at length with you. 

Final Thoughts: Seriously 2014?!?! Though I give Veronica Rossi props where due... the ending begs for more without making me go crazy while I wait for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...