14 January 2013

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French KissReviewer: Kristen
Author: Stephanie Perkins 
Pages: 372
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 9 out of 10

Summary (Goodreads): Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


My Thoughts: Oh my fan girl heart! Etienne St. Clair, come hither! I have heard so many wonderful things about this book, and it did not disappoint. I thought that it was the perfect mix of romance, a little bit of drama, and just the right amount of "believe-ability" and it created the perfect storm of a novel. I really don't think you understand - I loved this novel. I loved Anna, and I loved how she hated the thought of Paris and boarding school. I found that it was extremely realistic in the sense that, who would want to leave their friends anyways? Anna was so against the idea, and the friendships that she creates in France are unbelievable. It was so perfect, and it felt so genuinely real. I'm sorry, I really am all over the place. I blame Etienne St. Clair. The perfect boy, by any American Canadian standards. British, hottie, good hair, sexy accent, all around perfect guy. Hey Kelsey, he reminds me a lot of Dennis! Move over literary hotties, it's Etienne St. Clair's turn to steal your heart, and I promise you that he will. Plus, the setting was in Paris. How can anyone not love Paris? The way that Stephanie Perkins described Paris was on point. I could actually envision myself walking the same streets that Anna walked, and being in the same places that Anna was. It might have helped that I have been there, but sshhh. Stephanie Perkins laid out this novel in a spectacular way, and this novel was all kinds of spectacular. 

Final Thoughts: Go! Vas-y! (Is that right Kelsey?) Get your butts to the bookstore, or Amazon, or Book Depository and pick this gem up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...