6 January 2013

Dead to You

Dead to YouReviewer: Kristen
Author: Lisa McMann
Pages: 243
Format: Paperback 
My Rating: 7 out of 10

Summary (Thanks Goodreads): Some memories are better left untouched.

Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family.

It's a miracle... at first.

Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together.

But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked.

Something unspeakable.


My Thoughts: Let me just take a second here to totally appreciate the cover of this novel. I adore it. I went to the bookstore with no intention to buy this particular book. The cover pulled me in though, and I'm sure glad that it did. This book was unique to say the least. I haven't read anything like this before. Have you ever been completely mind screwed by a book? Yeah, well I think it suffices to say that Lisa McMann has successfully mind screwed me. Starting the book, I really didn't know where it was going or where I even expected it to go. Dead to You took me to a place that I hadn't dreamed it would take me too. I found Ethan easy to relate to, even though nothing I have ever experienced can even begin to relate to what he has gone through. My only complaints were the super short chapters (two, maybe three pages), and the ending! The ending! My God the ending! I would have loved to know more, but at the same time, I think it ended perfectly. 

Final Thoughts: I'm at a loss for words currently, as I've just finished the book. Short and sweet, and I promise you won't regret picking this one up!

1 comment:

  1. I read the synopsis for this and wavered on reading it, but your review has intrigued me, I'll check it out! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...