1 October 2013

Sutton Place

Sutton PlaceReviewer: Kristen 
Author: Louise Gaylord 
Pages: 261
Format: Hardback (sent to me by JKS Communications!)
My Rating: 8 out of 10

Summary (thanks Goodreads): Just When Things Seem to be Going So Well a horrific incident from Julia Fairchild’s past —one she thought had been buried long ago —comes 
charging back into her life. Then a promising romantic weekend goes bad, which makes staying at Sutton Place more than Julia can handle. So she flees her home, her family…her life. But apparently, she can’t go far enough.The Fairchilds were a happy family of wealthy New York stock, with two loving daughters. Until the secrets started to surface.The first secret was revealed when Julia was told the truth about her father. Her reaction to the 
revelation sent her spinning out of control.The second secret concerned the parentage of Julia’s sister, Ariel. How Ariel responded to the revelation astounded the rest of the family. Now Julia is building a superb reputation at one of New York’s finest hospitals. The future looks bright until a romantic weekend turns into a disaster. Fleeing home and family, she moves to New Mexico and starts to pull her life together.

Just when it looks like things are heading toward happily-ever-after, events in New York draw Julia
back to Sutton Place, where she learns of Ariel’s secret life and finds herself facing her worst 
nightmare.

My Thoughts: Holy twists and holy turns. Not once could I figure out what Louise Gaylord was going to do to the characters. Speaking of characters, all of them are so great. I loved all the characters, and the characters who weren't so nice, I loved to hate. It was hard to trust even my favourite characters. There were secrets everyone, and everyone had them. There isn't much I can say about the secrets and lies without spoiling it. What I can say is that all their lies make for one, huge tangled mess.  I loved everything about this novel. It was fast paced, the characters felt like people I could know, and the plot kept me reading. I literally couldn't put it down. I had only planned to read for a few minutes before I had to go to a stupid baby shower, but I ended up taking it with me. And I may or may not have read under the table the entire time. I just HAD to know what was going on, and what was going to happen and figure out the next lie! The reactions everyone had and the betrayal they felt was so real you forgot characters were fictional. This is the first Louise Gaylord novel that I've had the pleasure of reading, but it certainly won't be the last. 

Final Thoughts: I absolutely loved this. It's the perfect mystery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...