13 April 2013

Love Unscripted


Love Unscripted (Love, #1)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: Tina Reber
Pages: 668
Format: Paperback

My Rating: 8 out of 10

Summary (thanks Goodreads): An A-List Movie Star…
Ryan Christensen just wanted to be an actor. Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine a life where fans would chase him, paparazzi would stalk him, and Hollywood studios would want to own him. While filming in Seaport, Rhode Island, Ryan ducks into a neighborhood bar for a quick escape from legions of screaming fans…and finds much more than he expected.

A Small Town Girl…
Nursing a recent heartbreak, Taryn Mitchell believes men are best kept at a safe distance. But when Ryan Christensen unexpectedly bursts through the front door of her pub, she can’t help but be drawn in by his humor, charm, and undeniable good looks. At six foot two, with dirty blond hair, blue eyes, and an incredible body, Ryan has every girl in Seaport swooning. But Taryn isn’t every other girl.

A Relationship that Doesn’t Follow the Script…
Despite her better judgment, Taryn soon finds herself falling hard for Ryan. But is their bond strong enough to survive the tabloid headlines, the relentless paparazzi, and the jealous fans who seem determined to tear them apart?


My Thoughts: Okay, okay. I admit it. I only picked this up because I was having post Reckless depression. And okay, I admit that I went to Goodreads to find something, anything, that was at all close to the perfect world that S.C Stephens created. Plus, Love Unscripted was also mentioned in the acknowledgements at the end of Reckless, so I thought... how badly could this really go? Well, dear ones, my pathetic attempt to find some semblance of Kellan and Kiera's relationship paid off! I'm so glad that I picked this up. I've been very into the whole fame thing lately, which has been tainting (and by tainting, I mean making totally making amazing) my dreams about sexy celebs. So, we get to know Taryn and Ryan. At first, I didn't know what I thought of Ryan. To be honest, I didn't really know what I thought of Taryn. In the first chapter, she kind of prides herself on not caring that Ryan is a celebrity, but as the story progresses, it's obvious that she does. And, okay, if some tabloid or bitchy co-star started spewing lies about infidelity, I would probably have doubts too. So, I don't know why this bothered me, but it did. And, since trust is a big thing when you have the famous hunk, it bothered me all the way through. I really liked Marie, and I liked the relationship that she and Taryn had. I also really enjoyed how the author wove the story together. There were subtle hints at future happenings that, unbeknownst to me, pushed the plot forward. I really did enjoy this novel. I read it quick, but it is a pretty good size. I promise it's not an erotica. Ryan Christensen can be added to my list of fictional hunks I'd like a piece of!  

Final Thoughts: Good, easy read. Kind of long. If you want a romance, this is for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...