18 April 2013

Audrey, Wait!

Audrey, Wait!Reviewer: Kristen
Author: Robin Benway
Pages: 320
Format: Hardcover
My Rating: 5 out of 10

Summary (thank you, Goodreads): California high school student Audrey Cuttler dumps self-involved Evan, the lead singer of a little band called The Do-Gooders. Evan writes, “Audrey, Wait!” a break-up song that’s so good it rockets up the billboard charts. And Audrey is suddenly famous!

Now rabid fans are invading her school. People is running articles about her arm-warmers. The lead singer of the Lolitas wants her as his muse. (And the Internet is documenting her every move!) Audrey can't hang out with her best friend or get with her new crush without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi.

Take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, has outrageous amounts of fun, confronts her ex on MTV, and gets the chance to show the world who she really is

My Thoughts: Alright ladies and gents, this is going to be short because I read this a while ago, and was too lazy to review it. Whoops. Anyways, I really did like this novel. Emphasis on like. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. What I did love though, was how it was written. I love it when it feels like the author has left a piece of their personality on the page, and Robin Benway certainly did. The plot was a little bit far fetched for me, but seeing it for $4.99 at Chapters, I couldn't pass it up. The major thing I didn't understand was how someone could become so well known, and stalked just because an ex-boyfriend wrote a song about her. Isn't that what Taylor Swift does? And as far as my knowledge, her ex's aren't terrorized like Audrey was. I also preferred Evan to, (I really wish I could remember the other guy's name.... oh my this is embarrassing.) okay the other guy. It was okay. I really enjoyed the writing. Couldn't get a grasp on the plot.

Final Thoughts: Decent, and quick. Cutesy read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...