22 April 2013

Crossed (Matched #2)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Ally Condie
Format: Paperback
Pages: 400
Rating: 6 out of 10

Summary (from Goodreads): In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed the first one in this series and the second one wasn't a let down. That said, it didn't exceed my expectations either. I felt like the middle part kind of dragged and the ending was too sudden. I kept thinking, "Is this it?" I was waiting for more of a wrap up or more of a 'to be continued' but it never came. Right near the end, there was a time jump...I think. I'm not quite sure what happened there but I felt like the ending was a bit lacking in emotion too. I would have been a wreck but they were cool about the whole thing. That bothered me a lot. The whole thing was about feelings and being together but in the end it was just...blah.

I liked that the characters and the plot were both realistic. Nothing happened and made me think that it was unrealistic. Sure, the Society is gross but that's the point. Everything that happens in plausible. 

Closing: This was quick but check out the first in the series for more. I'm going out to buy the final book in this trilogy tomorrow (which is actually April 3 if you are curious since this is sooooo late) and I'm excited. I have high hopes for the conclusion.

If you like this series also check out Delirium; they are very close in both theme and plot.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it. I thought it wasn't really as good as the first. I'm still interested in reading the third, though. Hopefully it's a great ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really bad for only reading third books because I need to know how it ends, good or not. I thought it was definitely worth reading! I hate not knowing what happens. I enjoyed it! Glad to hear someone else is reading it!- Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...