27 October 2014

Review: Archer's Voice

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Mia Sheridan
Format: eBook
Pages: 345
Rating: 8 out of 10

Summary (from Goodread's voice); When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

My Thoughts: I'll start with the obvious. I really enjoyed this novel. This was my first Mia Sheridan novel and I already know that it won't be the last. I have a bunch more on my to-read list and I'm very excited for them. 

One thing I really didn't like about this novel, basically the only thing I didn't like about this novel, was how child-like Archer was. He wasn't emotionally stunted or anything. The abuse was bad. His pain was immense, yes. The guy was hurt but he was start. He was strong. A lot of the interactions with Bree (mostly the romantic parts, I won't lie to you) were awkward because suddenly he was written like a person who'd never interacted with anyone before. The guy read! It's not like he was born and raised in a cave with not a single other human being. I didn't like that he was so....young. He wasn't. These parts of the novel became evident to me very quickly and were horribly uncomfortable for me. This was the worst part about the novel. THEN onto of this, he changes from it so quickly. People with the problems he supposedly had don't just bounce back like that. I did like what he did to change. However, it made the novel stall and it got slow real past. I hate the pining. I hate the waiting and moping. Just get on with it, Bella! Gosh!

I'm not sure how much I believed about the stuff with her dad and who was out to get them. I don't want to spoil but it should have been better explained, I think.

Now, onto the good stuff. I fell in love with the characters. I fell in love with the neighbors and the friends. I fell in love with the town and the area and the whole atmosphere. I really think the author did a good job of putting the reader right where the action was. 

Plus, I really felt for these characters. I went from happy to crying to embarrassed. Everything. It was wonderful. This impressed me a lot. 

This novel was pretty great.

In Closing: I really enjoyed this novel. Kristen tortured me by giving it to me but then not reading it herself so that I have to suffer alone and suffer I did. I cried just a little bit. I would recommend this novel to practically everyone. It made me very happy...especially the ending. [Insert smiley face here]

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...