23 October 2014

Life of a Blogger [6]

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature that I found through the amazing Rebecca at Vicariously! ,  hosted by the lovely Novel Heartbeat. Each week a subject will be chosen and we get to talk about it. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know each other on a more personal level! Make sure to add your link on the linky list! 

This week's topic is: Origin of your Name
My parental units liked my name (fun fact: my parents almost named me all of my best friends names... so that's weird. And ya, Kelsey was on that list)
babynames.com says that Kristen means: 
The meaning of the name Kristen is Christian
The origin of the name Kristen is German
Alternate spellings: Krystyn, Christin, Christan, Christen
Here's another fun fact. In school we we're getting our novels signed by Alistair MacLeod, and he was asking for our names. So I was talking to Kelsey and said watch me spell my name wrong... and I did. I spelt it Krystyn which is NOTHING like Kristen. I don't know how my brain works, folks. 

 My mom liked it and my dad didn't get any say. I really don't know. 
Wanna know what babynames.com says about it?
The meaning of the name Kelsey is From Ceol's Island
The origin of the name Kelsey is English
-- Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a really unique and interesting feature! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...