21 July 2014

Review: Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3)


Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Cassandra Clare
Format: Paperback
Pages: 565
Rating: 10 out of 10...I guess...

** Spoiler Alert: Read the review for Clockwork Prince here**

Summary (from Goodreads): Tessa Gray should be happy—aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

My Thoughts: URG THE FEELS!!!

I may have died...
I have died...
I am certain...

I loved this novel. Great wrap up. It pulled in things from the other series by Clare to tie it all in together. It made me want to reread the Mortal Instruments. I'm so glad Kristen wanted me to suffer through these novels because as much as they hurt, I didn't feel like anything was missed and I really enjoyed them.

There was an amazing solution to the love triangle. How it was dealt with was more unique than anything I've encountered before. Clare gets bonus points for that. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out until the last minute. I liked it that way. I usually don't. I usually hate love triangles with a passion but there was just something about this series. It might have been that I didn't prefer one guy over the other. Neither were bad people. They each had...faults, but they weren't ones that made me hate them. I was so conflicted while reading these novels.

HOWEVER, this novel gave me the worst book hangover I've ever had. I can't stop thinking about it. I read it weeks ago and it's still the last thing I think about before I go to bed. It's pathetic. Really. I just can't help it. I love them all and oh man, it hurts.

Without spoiling, in the end (not the very, very end) I feel bad for Tessa. Her situation would be so impossibly hard. I'll keep my life, thanks. She would have had to struggle with so many choices that I could never make.

Basically, you should get this series. I think you should read it before Mortal Instruments but I didn't so, obviously, it's not necessary. I think if you liked the other series, you'll enjoy this one but you'll enjoy it if you love adventure and romance and...feels...oh the feels. Enjoy! (Go buy them.)


1 comment:

  1. This series made me fall in love while it stomped all over my heart. I adore these characters and while the end was extremely painful (the epilogue brought on ALL THE TEARS), I was satisfied with the way everything wrapped up and ended. I'm glad you loved this book, too! I'm so excited for Cassandra Clare's next series, The Dark Artifices to come out!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...