8 July 2014

Review: Clockwork Angel

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Cassandra Clare
Format: Paperback
Pages: 479 (Here's another long series for poor, tired Kelsey to read...)
Rating: 9 out of 10

Summary (I have Goodreads to go on my [mobile] device): In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...

Thoughts/Feels: THIS SERIES IS GOING TO DESTROY YOUR HEART AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT! 

Let's just start this review off by saying that I liked this series way more than I liked the Mortal Instruments series which I did enjoy quite a lot. Clare is an amazing author. I love her wit the most. Characters would literally be dying but they remain true to themselves and to the humor in the novel. The characters always have something funny to say and it helps to defuse the tension in the novel as well as build it. I don't know how she manages to do that. I would read her work forever.

I quickly found myself attached to the characters in this. None had to work to grow on me. It was instant love. It could not be denied. The comic relief helped this a lot I'm sure.

This series made me want to reread the Mortal Instruments series, which is a huge time commitment...We'll see. One of the best parts of this series is that it gives back ground to the characters in Clare's other series. You find out how their ancestors acted and learn more about them through this. It's also cool to see where some of the Shadowhunter tools and traditions came from. You even find out where the cat came from!

I couldn't for the life of my choose which guy I would rather Tessa be with. It hurt me even more. Also, Clare has some serious issues with brothers.

So: You should read these if you enjoyed the world of the Mortal Instruments even the slightest bit. This series is a million times better and hurts a million times more. It's wonderful. Go buy them right now and read them.

3 comments:

  1. I have read Clockwork Angel and am planning on the rest of this series soon but I have never read the Mortal Instruments. Should I read those? Or are they not worth it? I mean, I have high expectations of them because Clockwork Angel was so good.

    Olgia
    Orange Owls & Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books only get better, I promise!

      Delete
    2. Okay fine fine. I am now a proud owner of books one and two of the Clockwork series so reading them is inevitable. :)
      Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...