14 January 2014

Onyx (Lux #2)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout 

Pages: 366
Format: Paperback

My Rating: 8 out of 10

*** Spoiler warning! This is the second to the LUX series. Click for a review of Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout (Lux #1) ***

Summary (thanks Goodreads): Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Kristen's Review of Onyx

My Thoughts: I believe that this was a good sequel to this series but I think the summary lies a little bit. Okay, maybe lies is a strong word. The summary above seems a little misleading about where this novel goes and what it's motivations are. The most important thing is that the author sticks to the story. She doesn't give in to what the readers would want. She always does what is best for the story and forces the reader to deal with it.

My biggest, most worst, awful, horrid pet peeve of this novel was all of the secrets and ignoring of advice that Katy does. Katy should have spoken with Dee and she should have listened to Daemon. I understand why Katy was a little freaked out by the connection but she could have stood to relax a little bit about it. I don't see how she could blame so much on the connection; she should know herself better than that. I love that Katy and Daemon, even while not getting along perfectly, grow together.

Speaking of Daemon (aka look a shiny thing that has pulled my focus), he gets better. I mean, I wish he didn't get all jealous but then again Katy does that too.

This is a short review but the moral of the story is that they are great and I shouldn't read a series back to back without reviewing in between. I can't remember what happens in which novel and I'm getting all tied up and confused so I apologize. I'll try to work on that but, in the mean time, you should read this series and see what I've been talking about.

So: Like I said for Obsidian...you should just buy all of her novels and then read them and you will have the best two weeks of your life. Also, read the next novel in this series; it only gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...