3 February 2013

Thoughtless

Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: S.C Stephens
Pages: 520
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 8½ out of 10

Summary (thanks GR): For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.


Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same


My Thoughts: I've really been into the whole romance thing lately. Not Fifty Shades of romance, mind you, but the good old fashioned love triangle. If that's what you're looking for, then this is for you. Yes there is some sex, but it's nothing that made me blush, so again, not something Fifty Shades would be proud of. I instantly fell in love with Denny, which was hard because you know that with these kind of novels, chances are their gonna fall for the other lover. Well, don't you fret none, I loved Kellan just as much. I probably loved him more. I loved that he wasn't perfect, and I loved that he accepted how he was. I loved that he was so involved in his music, and that he felt real. He didn't seem like the perfect kind of guy that protagonists always go for. He was messy, he was stupid, he was caring, he was hilarious, he was warm, he was cold, he was close, he was distant. He was everything that you want in a guy. Well, maybe not everything. He was a little promiscuous. And by a little, I mean a lot. For good reason, that I promise you will find out as you near the end. I loved the dynamic that the three of them had, and I really enjoyed the band part of the story. I am a sucker for a boy with a good voice and who knows how to play the guitar, but then again, who isn't? Kiera is another story - she royally pissed me off majority of the time. Sometimes I felt bad for her, sometimes I hated her so much that I wanted neither Kellan nor Denny to end up with her. I really liked Jenny and Evan. They weren't mentioned as much as I would have liked, but I hope that with the next one (which I have ordered, by the way) we get to learn more about the secondary characters. Anna too, who was Kiera's sister. This book was a tad long for the typical romance, but it didn't feel long, ya know what I mean? I just kept turning the pages, and I didn't want to leave their world. Sue me, but I'm excited that this is a trilogy. When I fall in love with characters, I want to spend as much time as I possibly can with them. Which is probably why I have a pull towards trilogies, as Kelsey can attest too. Alright, enough of my rambling. I really enjoyed this, and S.C Stephens wrote this beautifully. Great characters and a well written novel?! Whose alley wouldn't this be up!?

Final Thoughts: I definitely recommend this if you're on that romance kick that I've been on. If you like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire then definitely, without a doubt, check out Thoughtless!


1 comment:

  1. I've read both books and they were amazing! Love your review, and I agree that this series has the good old love triangle, it's rare to find for this kind of element in books now!

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...