20 November 2012

Delirium

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 441
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 9 out of 10


Summary (thank you, Goodreads): Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn't understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.


But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


My Thoughts: This book is aces. Seriously, this is a great read! It's one of those books where you literally have to know what happens next. I finished it within the span of a few hours, and I sincerely thank everyone who told me to read this book first! It's so interesting to watch Lena's transformation. She goes from this true believer of the cure, to this rebel. She's such an intriguing character. And than Hana, can I just say that I love Hana. She's a rebel until she needs to be, and to see Lena and Hana foil each other is pure genius on Oliver's part. This book kept me awake, and I love how original this book feels in a world where vampires and werewolves are quite dominant. Give this book a go, you won't be disappointed. I sure as hell wasn't! 

Final Thoughts: All I think I need to say is, I've already placed my order for the next book. Read this, now. 




Reviewer: Kelsey
Rating: 8 out of 10

My Thoughts: I really loved this book. Kristen told me that I had to read it. She was right. It was super original. There were so many twists and turns that I stayed interested in the plot and in the characters. Lena was not a flat character, thank God. I felt for her. In fact, I felt for the whole world. You can ask Kristen, I just kept saying that the world was crazy and asking who would do this. As the story progresses though, I begin to understand. Of course there are things in my life that I wouldn't kill to remember. It's interesting to think about what the world could become. Lauren Oliver was brilliant to keep the world close to what it is now. I didn't have to fight to understand what new technology was, what a strange word meant, or what caused the world to do something. The motivation was the same as ours is now. 

Final Thoughts: Kristen gave me the second book which I am hanging in front of my face as a prize to finish a certain classic that is killing me slowly. Trust me when I say that I'm rushing through the classic to get to the second. Apparently, it's even better. Now, what are you waiting for? Go read it!

4 comments:

  1. This was such a great premise and so beautifully written. And now you have time to read Pandemonium and get ready for Requiem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is FANTABULOUS! The good thing about waiting so long to read it is that now you don't have to wait for the next one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many great things about this book but I still haven't read it. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was so no my type! I couldn't even finish it :-(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...