25 January 2014

Origin (Lux #4)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Format: Paperback
Pages: 384
Rating: 9 out of 10

This is book 4 of this series. I would stop reading here if you plan on reading the first three...cause SPOILERS. 

Summary (Goodreads is out of this world!): Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?


My Thoughts: I just want to punch Daemon in the face for what he did. I know why he did it but it was stupid and I, many times, wanted to reach through this novel and punch him. Had other things not happened, it would have ended so horribly and I would still be a puddle, crying, all this time later. As it is, I could barely handle this novel.

I think this one is my favourite in the series so far. I'm glad the author didn't just decide to let them die in a horrible fire brought on by the pain and fury of readers everywhere...then again, the ending? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME! I don't like what was implied and you can guarantee that if it ends the implied way, there will be trouble. I can see myself finding this author and us having a little chat. I swear I'm not as crazy as I sound, I promise.

I don't know what to do until I get the next novel. I can henceforth be found rocking my sorrows away in the darkest recesses of my room. Too much? I think not. I cannot do the dealing or handling of this novel. 

Sadly, I hate to admit that I'm glad it happened. I enjoyed the action as well as the romance. I think that it followed the natural course though it was by no means predictable. I did, however, at times, feel like it was going awfully fast. It wasn't too fast to stay caught up though so you don't need to worry about that at all. 

I think this author is doing great things with this series and it's characters. I'm excited to see what happens next.

Just read them...now.
 __________________________________________________
THIS IS REALLY BOTHERSOME TO ME BECAUSE I WAS FIRST FOR EVERY OTHER BOOK IN THIS SERIES BUT KELSEY DECIDED SHE WANTED TO BE FIRST. 

Oh hi, it's Kristen, and thus my review will commence. 

My rating is going to be a solid 9 out of 10 stars. 

My Thoughts: So, I read this in August. Yup. August. You know what month it is now? January. (Though with the way that I'm having to move schedules around, this could very well be posted in March. The irony.) So, I'm going to have to go off of memory, and mine a'int so stellar. 

Basically I want to have Daemon's babies and marry the shit out of him. In whatever order he so desires. I love Katy. I remember that I really liked the dual POV's. I liked getting a glimpse inside of Daemon's head. 

I also can be found rocking in a corner waiting for the next book. The romance was so caaaaute and I just wanted the book to never end. The action kept me going. This book is giving me life. 

Serious author crush on Jennifer Armentrout. 

Go read, now. Your life will never be the same. 

P.S Any news on a movie?!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I read it right when it came out. I am obsessed with this series and I can't wait for it's conclusion. What's this about a movie? I haven't heard anything about that. I love Daemon as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLA posted on her blog a long while ago that it had been optioned for a movie! Since then, they've been very tight lipped but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...