4 August 2013

Hopeless

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Colleen Hoover
Format: eBook
Pages: 327
Rating: 9 out of 10

Summary (love Goodreads): Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

My Thoughts: Talk about plot twists! This book is full of surprises! I can't believe that characters were able to keep these secrets. I was a little bit sad though that I was able to be a bit ahead of the story. By the middle, I was figuring out things in advance. It was kind of a let down but I still enjoyed it a lot. I liked having my ideas confirmed. It was a very dramatic and emotional. This novel was a bit of a wild ride. Plus, Holder was kind of awesome though not so much at the beginning as he was at the end.

This book was not what I expected at all. I thought it would be a happy, easy, love story where everything ends perfectly. It was not. It was pretty great and I couldn't put it down but it was not a simple story. The writing style was perfect for this story. The author did great work.

Conclusion: This novel was full of emotion and crazy plot twists. I'm so glad I read this book and couldn't put it down.

Plus, the guy is super hot! I'd like one of him even with all the wall punching.

Sorry it's sooooo short, I'm so afraid of spoilers on this one. Just trust Kristen and I, this novel is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...