21 August 2013

Losing It

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Cora Carmack
Format: eBook
Pages: 204
Rating: 8 out of 10

Summary (Thanks GR): Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


What I Think: I want a Garrick but how embarrassing was this story! I had the worst second hand embarrassment ever. It was so awkward yet so funny. This book was great for going back and forth between those two things. I was very entertained by this novel. I didn't put it down until it was finished. I'm glad I didn't. I mean, the guy was perfect and it was entertainingly awkward. I also learned what to never, ever do. I mean, couldn't she just keep it in her pants. Oh, and really, was it so impossible for him to keep it in his pants that it had to be so awkward...then again, I did say I was glad it was how it was, didn't I?

I noticed though that Bliss changed a lot during this novel. It wasn't even just the virginity thing...of course, that would be a boring book. I noticed that their was a change in the way she held herself and spoke from the beginning to the end of the novel. It wasn't annoying but it was something that someone could see happening. 

Kelsey isn't a name that's used very often. It was a pleasant surprise to have a character  named after me in this novel. It was nice until I found out that she was kind of a hoe...What a let down. Can't a just have a nice character that doesn't sleep around named after me? Is that so much to ask?

I Digress: This novel was quick, easy, horribly entertaining, and the guy in it was perfect! I also love the book and play references that were used in this book especially the ones that weren't used just because she was in acting class. I think that you should go buy this book because I loved it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reviewer: Kristen
My Rating: 7 out of 10

Basically, I agree with everything Kelsey has said. It was quick, funny, realistic for the most part. Garrick was basically everything someone would want in a guy, plus he has an accent. I definitely recommend this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...