1 August 2013

Hearts in Darkness

Hearts in DarknessReviewer: Kristen 
Author: Laura Kaye 
Pages: 112
Format: eBook 
My Rating: 4 out of 10


Summary (via Goodreads): Two strangers…

Makenna James thinks her day can't get any worse, until she finds herself stranded in a pitch-black elevator with a complete stranger. Distracted by a phone call, the pin-striped accountant catches only a glimpse of a dragon tattoo on his hand before the lights go out.

Four hours…

Caden Grayson is amused when a harried redhead dashes into his elevator fumbling her bags and cell phone. His amusement turns to panic when the power fails. Despite his piercings, tats, and vicious scar, he's terrified of the dark and confined spaces. Now, he's trapped in his own worst nightmare.

One pitch-black elevator…

To fight fear, they must reach out and open up. With no preconceived notions based on looks to hold them back, they discover just how much they have in common. In the warming darkness, attraction grows and sparks fly, but will they feel the same when the lights come back on?


My Thoughts: Small book means small review, am I right or am I right?! Okay, in all seriousness, this book was kinda... meh. I don't really know, I didn't hate it per se, but I didn't love it. I didn't like it, but I didn't not like it. And all that gives you is a whole lot of contradictions. It's kind of cool concept, not seeing someone in an elevator and then having the power to go out. I think that it could be a really cool idea. Most overused word? Cool. Sorry, back to this. I think that this book had a lot of potential. People finding each other, going beyond the superficial and knowing someone on an actual personal level. Instead this book focus' solely on sex and how much they want each other. They don't know each other very well, but they "know" more than most their friends do. It's that kind of a story. I know that the danger with contemporary romance is the sex fiends and the almost lack of anything actually romantic. It was a quick read, so that's why I'm not more ranty then I usually am. But I was disappointed. 

Final Thoughts: Meh. Big time meh. Boldface, italicized meh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...