8 February 2013

Going Too Far

Going Too FarReviewer: Kristen 
Author: Jennifer Echols
Pages: 245
Format: Paperback

My Rating: 7 out of 10


Summary: HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?
All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....

My Thoughts: This book came  highly recommended on Goodreads, and I'll admit to you, as long as something has a rating of 4> I won't hesitate to pick it up. I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed this novel. It was easy to follow, it was a breath of somewhat fresh air. I'm quite sick of the bad boy getting the sweet, innocent girl. I'm glad that Jennifer Echols put a twist in it, and made Meg the hard ass. I also really enjoyed that both Meg and John came with their own baggage. Too often, I find, only one character has the baggage and someone always has to save said character. Both John and Meg have deep emotional scars, and they finally begin to open up to each other. I really, really, really didn't like Meg at first. Okay, I liked her sarcasm and her wit. I didn't like how she "conducted" her life, so to speak. You find out why she's the way she is, and suddenly you just go "Ahhhhhh! It all makes sense now!" John After is similar. You begin to understand why he's the way he is and why he feels so emotionally tied to their quiet little town (that Meg hates!) and the bridge that brought them together. I've heard lots of wonderful things about all of Jennifer Echols books, and it suffices to say that I've ordered a bunch more. (Thanks Book Depository, without you I'd probably have to beg on the streets for my book money.) I'd be lying if I said that this was exactly what I expected when I got the book. I was a little bit disappointed, but I think that was just because of what I thought the book was. Don't you hate when that happens? When what you thought the book was going to be interferes with what it really is. At any rate, this really was a good, really quick read. I encourage you to give it a shot! 

Final Thoughts: Good read. Quick, funny, a bit dark, hopeful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...