13 October 2013

PostApoc


Reviewer: Kristen 
Author: Liz Worth 
Pages: 184
Format: Paperback (sent my JKSCommuncations) 
My Rating: 10 out of 10

------ This was sent to us by the publisher for a fair and honest review ----- 

Summary (thanks GR): Sole survivor of a suicide pact, Ang has fallen into an underground music scene obsessed with the idea of the end of the world. But when the end finally does come, Ang and her friends don't find the liberation they expected. Instead, those still alive are starving, strung out and struggling to survive in a world that no longer makes sense. As Ang navigates the world's final days, her emotional and physical instability mix with growing uncertainty and she begins to distrust her perception in a place where nothing can ever be trusted for what it seems to be. Bleak and haunting, "PostApoc" blends poetry and punk rock, surrealism and stark imagery to tell the story of a girl wavering at the edge of her sanity.

My Thoughts: Holy crap. Where do I even start with this one? The cover? The writing? The story? All of the above might be too daunting a task to do at once, so I'll start with the cover. Oh. My. God. How creepy/haunting/beautiful is that cover?! Seriously though, it's perfect for the story. It sets the mood perfectly. And that title? That title is perfect, it has so many different meanings and connections within the story. I don't want to spoil anything, so you're just going to have to read it yourself! (Trust me, you should be doing that anyways.) The writing is definitely, without a doubt, hands down my favourite part of the story. It's written beautifully. There are no words to describe how beautiful the prose in this story is. There were times where I would just re-read certain parts because of how beautifully it was written. It definitely inspired me to get writing, and it takes quite the novel to make me wanna do that lately. The story was so unique and so engrossing. It was dark and beautiful and twisted and I've already re-read it just so I could really appreciate it. I loved this novel, and I promise you, you will too. 

Final Thoughts: Go, go go! 
P.S for the playlist click HERE
PostApocVBT.png
THIS WILL BE RELEASED OCTOBER 15th, DON'T MISS OUT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...