5 March 2013

Someone Like You

Someone Like YouReviewer: Kristen 
Author: Sarah Dessen 
Pages: 281
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 6 out of 10

Summary (you da best, GR): Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it'll never break--because a true friendship is a promise you keep forever

My Thoughts: My first Sarah Dessen book! Seeing as Sarah Dessen is literally everywhere nowadays, I figured that I needed to just bite the bullet and pick one up. I'm glad that I did! This book was a tale of two best friends both struggling in their own way to find who they really are. Ultimately, despite some strain and some bitter comments, they come out stronger. There are some obvious set backs, and there are obvious problems (aka Scarlett carrying her dead sort of boyfriends baby), but they're best friends, and they get through it, as they should. I did a bone to pick with this book. Throughout majority of the book, basically from the point that Scarlett found out that she was pregnant, I didn't like how Halley reacted. Or treated Scarlett really. I think that Scarlett needed her best friend, but Halley was a little too involved in her own head and more involved with her new boy toy. Personally, I just think she could have been a better friend. I mean, technically I know she was there for Scarlett whenever she called, but there was something about it that just bothered me. Who knows. Other than that, I really enjoyed the ending of this novel. It was a cute, somewhat light read, and it kept me entertained at the  airport!

Final Thoughts: Cute read, I'll probably most likely read another Sarah Dessen novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...