18 March 2012

A Hero Rising

A Hero Rising (A New Dawn,  #3)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: Aubrie Dionne
Pages: 194 (novella)
Format: eBook
My Rating: 9 out of 10

Summary (via Goodreads): After watching his love leave on a colony ship, James Wilfred must save those left behind from a planetary apocalypse. Their salvation lies in an unfinished ship tucked away in a secret government base, and only James can break in and pilot him and his people to freedom on a nearby space station. 

Skye O’Connor’s boyfriend never returns after his gang attempts an assassination of the Governor, and the State Building is destroyed. Worse, crazed moonshiners addicted to the chemical Morpheus have stormed the city, and she must find a safe place for her and her boyfriend’s daughter. When a heroic man saves her, Skye asks to accompany him on his quest to find the last colony ship left on Earth. 

As the city falls around them, James and Skye must work together to build a new future, all the while rediscovering their ability to love, before the apocalypse claims them both
My Thoughts: I'm not usually one for novellas, especially when I grow to love the characters. I just want to spend all the possible "time" with them, ya know? But, this one was truly astounding. We first meet James in Aubrie Dionne's Tundra 37 (which Kelsey reviewed here), and this is kind of just an expansion on him. Keeping in mind, I haven't read the all the novels included in this. Yet, I still loved it. Which is odd for me, and a huge compliment to the author. Being able to read these out of order, yet still getting the impact is quite rare. From my rating, you can tell I loved this book. I loved the premise, it was just so compelling and gripping. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. Despite the piles of work that I know needed to be done, I sunk my teeth into this one. The pace was perfect for the story, and I honestly can't think of anything, anything, that I would change about this. Trust me, that never happens for me!

Final Thoughts: Gosh, I say this a lot.. but this is a great book. Seriously, even if the summary doesn't appeal to you... you won't put it down. Trust me.

3 comments:

  1. I want to read it!
    -Kelsey.

    :D Kristen keeping secrets, tsk tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME WANT TO READ THINGS!!! MY TBR IS HUGGGGGGE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...