24 February 2012

Deluge

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Stuart M. Kaminsky
Pages: 320
Format: Paperback
Rating: 8 out of 10

Summary (Thanks GoodReads): Days and nights of heavy spring rain threaten to cripple New York City. Neighborhoods are experiencing periodic blackouts. People have been reported electrocuted by fallen power lines. Flooding of some subway lines has stopped trains in their tracks. And in the midst of the deluge, the CSI team has three cases to solve. 

Mac Taylor and Don Flack are on the trail of the perpetrator of a string of grisly murders with one thing in common: initials carved into the victims' bodies. When an unusual connection is found between the victims' lives, Mac realizes the killer isn't finished -- not by a long shot.

Lindsay Monroe and Danny Messer investigate the death of a teacher at an exclusive Manhattan private school. The victim seems like everyone's favorite teacher on the surface -- but they soon uncover a darker secret lurking beneath.

Stella Bonasera and Sheldon Hawkes are on-site at a suspicious building collapse when shifting rubble traps Hawkes

The intrepid members of New York's crack forensic team must race against time and the elements to bring three very different criminals to justice.
My Take: Here is a small fact: rain freaks me out. It's not that a fear drowning or I fear the rain itself. I've always been a tad bit fearful of what might be hiding under the dark, grey cover that rain seems to provide more often then not. I'm afraid of what might come with the rain. It's the flooding and mud that swallows your foot and the lightening that terrifies me. It's stupid and irrational, yes, I am very much aware so thank you but I can't help it. Because I'm already afraid of the rain, this book was spooky. I understand that not everyone is afraid of the rain but it's creepy nonetheless. The flooding makes the jobs of the CSIs near impossible but what can you do? Nothing. They have to keep trying anyway.

Also, I've never been one for having names carved into body parts. I didn't see the building issues coming. I loved that twist. The trick with these books is the twists because without them you can lose touch with the story.

If your a fan of the TV show then you should check out the book series. I have quite a few of them. The CSI Miami and NY ones are much better than the regular CSIs but to each his own. This should be on the top of the list though, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...