22 November 2011

The Haunting of Cliff House

Haunting at Cliff HouseReviewer: Kristen
Author: Karleen Bradford
Pages: 77 .pdf pages
Format: eBook
My Rating: 8 out of 10



Summary (From Goodreads): From the moment she sets foot in the forbidding house high on the cliff, Alison senses a mysterious presence in one of its rooms. There she discovers an ancient diary belonging to a girl who lived in the same house, centuries before. What does this girl want...and why is she so sure only Alison can help her?


My Take: Being a little skeptical about this book because of the paranormal feel of it, I was a little worried I wouldn't like this book. I am happy to announce how wrong I was! I absolutely loved this book, and once I started reading, I was hard-pressed to put it down. This book is the perfect choice for any reader who is a fan of paranormal stories. The characters in this book are characters a reader can completely relate too. Karleen's writing style is easy to follow, and gives you the perfect amount of detail. She doesn't drown us in the little things, but gives enough so we get the picture that she was trying to create. Despite the short length of this novel, it is extremely easy for the reader to lose him or herself in it. The plot is paced perfectly, and fills out the otherwise short novel. I would recommend this as a must read for anyone thirteen plus, and who doesn't mind a little bit of a scare! 


Final Thoughts: I wish that I would have known about this book when I was younger. It was a great read, but I think I would have been more appreciative of it if I was 13 or 14. Nonetheless, I still recommend this to any reader interested in the life after death type of novels. This novel is being re-released, so don't miss out! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review, Kirsten. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...