31 October 2011

God's Eye

God's EyeReviewer: Kristen
Author: A.J Scudiere
Pages: 419
Format: eBook
My Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

Summary (from Goodreads): Katharine Geryon is living the life her family name has dictated, and why not? After all, it has given her a good job in the family company and a fine life with all the things she should want. But all that changes as increasingly disturbing events begin to occur: soot stains on the carpet, glimpses of strange black animals, and cryptic messages written on her bathroom mirror. Baffled and afraid, Katharine begins to doubt her own sanity.

At the same time, two charismatic men enter her life: Allistair, her new assistant at work, and Zachary, a well-heeled neighbor who just moved into her building. Katharine soon finds each of them inextricably entangled in her affairs. As her life becomes stranger and her dreams more terrifying, she realizes neither man is what he seems and that she's caught in something far beyond her own comprehension. For the first time, she must reach beyond her own boundaries. There Katharine forges her first true friendship with Margot, a librarian who helps her discover what these men really are, why she's drawn to them, and what they want with her.

The answer places Katharine in the middle of a fierce battle that forces her to decide between the two men fighting for her soul.

In the end, only one can be saved, but all three will be judged.

My take: To be completely honest, I did not think that I would enjoy this book. I thought it would be average, nothing extraordinary. I was so completely and utterly wrong. As soon as I started reading this book, I literally could not put it down. I absolutely loved the writing style, and I felt that the alternating perspectives really worked and enhanced this novel. This is the first book I've read by this author and it will certainly not be my last. I truly enjoyed reading this book. This book was so unique from anything that I've read that I couldn't stop. I would literally spend hours at a time reading this. I brought my laptop to school so I could finish the book whenever I had a moment. Having your mind invaded and your world being completely different from what you once knew was a riveting plot line. The good vs evil trying to steal her soul was original and done tastefully. All in all, A.J Scudiere has created a masterpiece!

Final Thoughts: I seriously recommend this book if you're into the paranormal, suspense genre. This book kept me up until the wee hours in the morning because I had to know what was going to happen next. Don't let this one pass you by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...