27 March 2014

Review: The Redhead Plays Her Hand (Redhead #3)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Alice Clayton
Format: eBook
Pages: 320
Rating: 7 out of 10 (I guess...)

**Spoiler Alert: this is the third in the series. Check out The Unidentified Redhead first**

Summary (Goodreads has a good hand): Grace has landed the lead in a new TV series—but when the director asks her to lose fifteen pounds, she goes public with her weight struggles and suddenly develops a huge fan club who support her right to have curves. But between that and the public’s continuing fascination with her “are they or aren’t they” relationship with Jack, Grace begins to wonder if anyone’s really interested in her because of her upcoming TV series, or if it’s all speculation about the size of her ass and her bedroom partner.

Meanwhile, Jack is voted the Sexiest Man Alive and becomes a little too enamored with the party-hard lifestyle. Grace vows to give him the space he needs to find himself, but then he begins to spiral down from lovable Brit to Hollywood brat. People are talking, but are Jack and Grace? Her career is on the rise, and his continues into the stratosphere, but will she be able to catch him if he falls? Will they ever be able to just be a couple who can hold hands when they walk down the street?

What I Think: This novel was a great wrap to this series. I especially love the ending and I'm not saying that sarcastic "because it ended" joke. I really did like how it ended. I guess that the reader comes to expect that they will get what they want but for most of this series, I wasn't sure. I mean I wasn't sure what I wanted. This novel makes you really hate what Hollywood does to people you love...I mean characters...fictional characters...I want a Jack. Have I mentioned that?

I've never read a series that focuses on famous characters so there were all kinds of interesting dynamics that I wasn't expecting. What Grace's producers try to get her to do made me feel sick as did what was going on with Jack (I must insert that I was smart enough to figure out the cause of Jack's problems from the moment they were introduced. Yay me!).

Basically: I really enjoyed this entire series. They are all out now so try to read them together for a better experience. It's cute and not too long. The last book is a bit more of an emotional ride so be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...