4 December 2015

Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Reviewer: Kayla
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages: 436
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 8/10

Summary (Goodreads. Da real MVP):

First in the ground-breaking HUNGER GAMES trilogy. Set in a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying reality TV show is taking place. Twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live event called The Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed. When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her younger sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.

My Thoughts:

First Reread

WHAT A NICE TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

Of course, I've already read this book as well as the other two, but I wanted to reread the trilogy before mockingjay part 2 came out. Clearly that didn't happen, but watching the epicness and emotional conclusion on the big screen made me hella want to reread the series anyways

ALSO FOR THE RECORD, I saw the first movie first, read the three books, then watched the movies. Just FYI.. Anyways moving on..

Just as I remembered, this book had me REELING. I was still so nervous about everything that was going to happen. I was scared for the ending, especially the end scene with Cato, even though I knew how it was going to end. And I was scared for the scenes that tried to prepare myself for *cough cough hint hint Rue* and I was like “you know maybe it won’t happen this time” and I was wrong it did happen. This book encapsulates so much into its pages that it's amazing. Katniss is such a complex character whose strength is admirable, and the way she saved her sister was so touching. Having read the books after the first movie came out, I kept picture Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss and it was absolute perfection. Also Josh Hutchinson as Peeta but I mean I've had a crush on that guy since Bridge to Terabithia wow what good times.

Also, I forgot how incredibly sassy and hilarious both Peeta and Katniss were ?! Like there were multiple times where both of their little snippets of conversation or commentary on the literally deadly situations at hand made me burst out laughing ? And Peeta is such a precious little CUPCAKE ! (pun absolutely intended)

I'm going to be totally honest here, Katniss annoyed me at times, mostly at the beginning and near the end and where she kinda sorta manipulated Peeta. NOT THAT IM BLAMING HER FOR WHAT SHE HAD TO DO but Peeta's a little angel and so genuine and while I am very aware and HAPPY about the ending of their relationship, I want her to mean her romantic feelings and be genuine in them RIGHT NOW. though I know she feels them she's just too proud to admit them but she's totally in love with him I'm on to you Katniss and I totally understand Peeta is PRECIOUS

((Sorry I had to rant))

Final Thoughts: Either way, love this book, love this trilogy, IM SO EXCITED AND SO SCARED TO READ THE NEXT TWO IM NOT EMOTIONALLY PREPARED AND IVE READ THEM BEFORE AND SEEN THE MOVIES SUZANNE WHY U DO THIS TO ME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...