4 September 2015

Follow Friday

 Name a movie you would have loved to read as a book.

Okay... so this question is a lot harder than it seems. I feel like everything that I watch, at least, is a book first. So, after some googling, I've come up with Inception. Maybe things would have been a little more clear after having read it! 
- Kristen

For this one, I'm gonna pick a movie that I started watching last night, and it's probably going to surprise a lot of people, but I'm going to choose The Book Thief. I know, I know, this book is raved about and in my defence, I have tried to read it previously, but I couldn't get into it, more because of the narration or the writing style than the story itself. I know I still should have pushed through it but I didn't and I regret it.
- Kayla

Okay, after much thinking, I think I've got it. Sadly, I'm somewhere between Kristen's answer and Kayla's which is already a book anyway. I would like to have read The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. There is a short story by the same name and it was adapted into a 1947 movie but the short story is very, very different from the 2013 version which is what I want to read (or at least it is according to wikipedia). Now I kind of want to read the short story actually...
Oh, also, you should watch The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
- Kelsey



10 comments:

  1. I've heard of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", and yes, it's based on a short story by the same name. I think I read the story a long time ago. It would be interesting to compare it with the movie version. Sometimes a movie can actually improve on a book, or a short story. Not often, but it does happen.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my FF post! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've heard of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty! Old bloglovin' follower :)

    Sinead @ Less Reality More Books
    http://lessrealitymorebooks.blogspot.ie/2015/09/feature-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I haven't read or seen these movies and books. So hard to find time for movies these days! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices I haven't seen any of these movies yet sad I know but I really want to watch Inception it really looks and sounds like an awesome movie. Thank You for stopping by my blog. New Follower on Bloglovin and GFC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inception will definitely make a good sci-fi book! Haven't heard of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty though..

    Thanks for dropping by my blog.. Old Follower <3
    Donita @ My Random Book Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard of those titles, but I love watching old movies. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inception was my pick for this week too :D But I haven't heard of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" before. I'll probably need to check it out. Happy Friday!

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier :) old follower

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, the Secret life of Walter Mitty was the most unexpected gem of a movie. you're right, it'd be a great (longer) book. Have followed on bloglovin, and here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/09/04/feature-and-follow-friday-14/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is indeed difficult to think of a movie that isn't a book. Haha! I had the same dilemma. I've read and watched The Book Thief. I haven't watched Inception and the Secret life of Walter Mitty though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...