1 May 2015

Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


Reviewer: Kayla
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 562
Format: Hardcover
My Rating: /10

Summary (thanks Goodreads):

My Thoughts:
**I SUGGEST NOT READING THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THRONE OF GLASS/CROWN OF MIDNIGHT, AND IF YOU HAVEN’T FIRST OF ALL HOW DARE YOU**

Alright, this GODDAMN BOOK HAD ME FEELIN ALL THE THINGS OK
First of all, can we talk about Sarah's writing? Bloody hell. I don't even know man, but the way she would describe things and the feelings of the character in such depth and detail made me feel like I was WITH them, if not a part of them. It was very overwhelming, especially at the end when the king went and DID THE THING (no spoileries lol) and Dorian was all screaming and in agonizing pain. And in the entirety of the book, Celaena's complexity in being utterly broken and unable to recuperate and then getting the strength to light the fire, oh my god. Like I felt completely empty, and I think that’s a huge part of why myself and so many other people love this series so much. it’s more than just the plot and the story, but the way it captures the reader so effortlessly.

ALSO WHAT THE HELL?! kay this series is so confusing I don't know what to do with myself. Why would Sarah write so many attractive and lovely male characters to ship Celaena with? HOW AM I TO CHOOSE?! Because in Throne I was completely enthralled with the idea of Dorian and Celaena, and I am having a hard time letting go of that in my brains. Then in Crown, Chaol and Celaena were the new power couple and like, literally the way they brought out the best in each other and were able to invest every part of themselves into the other and the way they both affected each other in such dramatic ways was very touching. And then … no, you know what i won’t say anything about what I think of Celaena and Rowan. You form your own opinion, friends.

And fucking MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FROM THE PRINCE OF CUTIE PIES.

And then we get more characters introduced and everything gets WAY more complicated than it initially was and it’s like, woah. Now we have these witches, and Celaena’s relatives, and Celaena’s history and we learn so much more about her. And it’s so special. Like there’s a flashback scene and it felt so surreal, almost dreamlike, and then we come back to the present and your heart just fills with emotion and sympathy and hope and strength for Celaena. And wow i’m getting emotional all over again. PLEASE IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS SERIES WITH ME PLEASE. PLEASE COME TALK TO ME I WILL TALK FOREVER.

Final thoughts: I really don’t know what else to say without going on a tangent and then spoiling everything, but let me remind you I LOVE DORIAN. but seriously I could literally talk about this book and this series forever. This literally has to be one of, if not my all time favourite series. ever. my god. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...